First Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marine, you've received some good advice here. Just to add, and answer your initial query... I have the BARE arctic 7mm (as well as the 7mm hooded vest to make it a 14mm for cold water). And though I don't have that many dives in it yet, I like it a lot. It fits well (the sizing chart for BARE products has a lot of options to customise; second best to having a custom suit made I believe), was a good deal and is stylish (the least important of th 3).

Now, 7mm is a lot of neoprene. Are you sure you need that much for 68ºF water? You might! That's for you, and nobody else to decide (if you get cold easily). But think about it seriously because more neoprene means more lead around your waist... So you generally choose the thinnest neoprene that does the job for you!

Just my 0.02$

Hey guys thank you all sooooo much for you help! I placed an order for my Pinnacle Merino Lined Elastiprene 5mm suit today! So I just wanted you all to know how much I value your experience and advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom