First Week In Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, we've been here for a week today. Weather was a little yukky when we arrived and did not dive the first two days. At the moment we are staying at the Hotel Rose and diving with Deep Blue Divers (located directly across the street) LaCuda and I have not dove together since we've been here but we have been doing about two dives each day, evenly distributed between the north and south sides. She has been diving with some of the other divers here and I have been doing some more advanced stuff. We are eating and sleeping together and plan to resume diving with one another in a couple of days.

This is the longest we have ever gone at this time of the year without seeing whale sharks. I think it is because the ugly weather has hung on a little longer than usual this year. The past two days have been beautiful and the seas are laying. I hope someone will be reporting whal sharks soon. The rest of the diving is great. The usual host of reef and macro life that Utila is famous for. We'll have another post in a few days after LaCuda and I start diving together.

Regards,

Thanks for the update. Tell Steve at Deep Blue hello - I'll be going with a group and staying at his place in April.

Sorry to hear that you haven't seen any whale sharks yet. I'm hoping that you see in them in numbers soon!

Look forward to your next report
TSR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom