First trip to Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

banff50

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I got my OW cert about a month ago and will be going to Cozumel in a week. My question is: I was covered by DAN when I was enrolled in my certification class but I am not sure if I still have the coverage?

Does anybody have any recommendations for which DAN coverage to get? Do you have to pay the DAN yearly membership fee and then purchase a coverage plan on top of that? Or can you just get a coverage plan?

If I'm doing boat dives with an operation (I'm using Blue Angel), do they give you insurance as part of the package?

I reccommend having the premium plan from DAN. It covers you for a year and God forbid you need it, provides a lot of coverage.

You have to be a DAN member to get thier coverage. So, yes, you pay the membership fee and coverage fee. My renewal is automatic but I think it's only $99 a year total.

Your coverage from your OW class was only for the class.

Agreed. I called the Thursday before I left for Cancun. DAN called me at my villa, prorated me with my DAN membership and I was good to go. $99 isn't much if you are doing lots of diving. Never know when you'll need it.

Most ops, you sign a waiver releasing the dive op from liability. I know it seems like a lot but one chamber ride with set you back tens of thousands of bucks!

Have a great trip!

I have the premium package. Well worth the money. Just sign up for it on their website. Oh and have a great time in Coz....I was there 3 weeks ago. Did my first drift dives there too.

I am also new, but when I heard that I was looking at $10k to start if I really needed help, I decided that $100 a year was pretty cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom