First to Dive Steamship Portland Shipwreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Bob said no talk this year, but a think a few of us (I will) will be there speaking with old friends and making new ones.

Just look for the guys with the new shirts.

Paul

I just noticed the Portland Steamship Company logo which you posted in this message. This past weekend, I was in an antique shop in Hampton Falls, N.H. and came across a large ironstone pitcher (about 6inches tall) with this logo on it. I think it was used by the company on its ships (the Portland and Bay State) and is probably similar to ones on the wreck (although mine, obviously did not come from the wreck). Just curious from where did you get the logo in the picture?

I just noticed the Portland Steamship Company logo which you posted in this message. This past weekend, I was in an antique shop in Hampton Falls, N.H. and came across a large ironstone pitcher (about 6inches tall) with this logo on it. I think it was used by the company on its ships (the Portland and Bay State) and is probably similar to ones on the wreck (although mine, obviously did not come from the wreck). Just curious from where did you get the logo in the picture?

Paul unfortunately died this spring in an accident, but I believe he came across that logo on a large mug or pitcher. He said he was pretty sure that the logo was designed for the steamship company AFTER the Portland was lost, so would not have been used on the ship. In fact we saw a great deal of dishware on the wreck, none of which had any markings.

Posted via Mobile Device

Paul unfortunately died this spring in an accident, but I believe he came across that logo on a large mug or pitcher. He said he was pretty sure that the logo was designed for the steamship company AFTER the Portland was lost, so would not have been used on the ship. In fact we saw a great deal of dishware on the wreck, none of which had any markings.

Posted via Mobile Device

:shocked2::sad: Diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom