First time with equipment problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm. Interesting comment on the significant other (hubby) issue. I am one of the (likely many) wife divers who would never have even considered diving if my husband wasn't so interested. I only tried it "for him" but found I really do enjoy it. We have both occassionally (him much more than I) dove with other buddies. We both have come to the conclusion that we prefer to dive together and preferably otherwise alone (Bonaire is perfect). We are far more attentive to each other's needs than I think any two non-loving/caring buddies would ever be. He once lost a weight on an 80 foot dive and I held on trying to slow him down all the way to my safety stop. Before he got much better at breathing, I was often his potential back-up air. He probably helps me out more than most other buddies would but I am quite capable of doing it myself and do check my own equipment in addition to a buddy check. I am sure he will always be a superior diver to me but he will dive any occasion and I often take a day off and sit by the beach or sleep in. I did take the rescue course with him, but in our situation he is the most likely "victim" I would ever encounter and vice versa. He also outweighs me by over double so it was a challenge to "rescue" him by myself. Still, no one I would rather dive with. In terms of him "deserting me" in bonaire, it was more a feeling than a complete truth, but we talked about it a lot and we won't let that situation happen to either of us again. No solo diving even for "just a check-out dive at the pier."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom