First time to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a thought for you, since you and your wife are new to diving, be sure to ask about the dive sites. While I'm not sure about Scuba Do, most ops morning dives are deep then shallow. Which sometimes limits the new divers to afternoon dives. There is another op that also puts guides in the water but they have 2 boats that go out in the morning, one shallow and the other deep.

Dive Key Largo, Florida Keys with Rainbow Reef Dive Center;scuba diving:diving, Florida keys, florida diving

+1 for Rainbow Reef Dive Center. We love this dive operation - they are very safe, professional and above all...FRIENDLY!

Their pricing structure is set up to reward you for multiple days of diving, with discounts for diving three days with them and even more discounts for five days. As mentioned above, they also have guides in the water with you and they have a boat that goes on shallow dives in the morning. Their website is awesome. You can check out the dive sites and read details about each site, along with lots of other information about the Key Largo area.

Based on everybody's recomendation i got my GoPro Hero 2 today with the dive housing and backscatter flip filter. Also we are going to stay at the Hampton inn and dive with Scuba Do Dive Company. I will let everyone know how it goes. Thanks again!!!

Bet you're going to love your camera! Please post a sample video for us when you get back :D

Last day at Key Largo and it has been amazing! Done 2 dives on Molasses Reef the first day followed Benwood Wreck & French Reef the second day. Saw nurse shark, ray, trumpetfish, dolphins and much more!

The following is a comparison using the Gopro Hero 2 camera with the dive housing and backscatter flip filter. The first is with no filter and the second is with and as you can tell there is a huge difference.

GOPR0302.jpgGOPR0303.jpg

Last day at Key Largo and it has been amazing! Done 2 dives on Molasses Reef the first day followed Benwood Wreck & French Reef the second day. Saw nurse shark, ray, trumpetfish, dolphins and much more!
We want video, we want video, we want video!

Video or it didn't happen! :no:

Sorry but those are the rules (I think), in order to make sure that it's not just another fish tale. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom