First time to Hawaii.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard good things about Maui Dreams as well. I just haven't had the opportunity to dive with them. I have heard enough good things about them that I should include them on the list. I have been out with some operators that I choose not to include based on my personal experience. If I haven't personally had a good experience, I usually wait until someone I know and respect has had a good experience.

I can totally understand that, SWS. And I'm sure there are dive ops on Maui that you wouldn't recommend (as there are for me).

Thanks for all the help so far. Any recommendations on B&B or condos in Kihei, Maui? It looks we will be going the last week of September.

Avoid AA Oceanfront (a booking agent / property manager) if you can... they screwed me over good.

If you can get them to commit to a price, and it's competitive, you're OK, but don't count on a booking made with them unless they are guaranteeing a price.

In the past, I've really enjoyed staying at the Kihei Surfside -- it's right next to the boat ramp, and as close as you can get to Wailea (where a lot of the good shore dives happen) without paying Wailea prices.

Back
Top Bottom