First time to Cozumel. Need flight assistance.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, thanks for all your help guys. it looks like i'm looking about 475 for roundtrip from chicago to cozumel. oh well. i'm sure it'll be worth it!!

Check out http://vacationhotline.net

they are in Chicago (on Fullerton near Southport) they have cheap flights through Funjet... I paid around $240 non-stop roundtrip including taxes 2 months ago. I don't think they're available in Aug. - Oct. (or something like that).

vel525:
well, thanks for all your help guys. it looks like i'm looking about 475 for roundtrip from chicago to cozumel. oh well. i'm sure it'll be worth it!!

Another option to consider is flights into Cancun (CUN). They are generally quite a bit cheaper than the flights into Cozumel itself.

Getting from Cancun airport to Cozumel is a bit of a pain, but (IMHO) well worth the saved money on the airfare. From Cancun airport, you take the Riviera Bus or a taxi or collectivo to Playa Del Carmen. From Playa, the foot ferry runs every hour and you are directly in downtown San Miguel.

Cost for the Riviera Bus is less than $10 and the ferry is $7.

It is at least worth considering

Rich Hagelin

well, thanks for all your input guys. we found some less expensive flights into cancun and will be doing the bus and ferry. hopefully it won't be too bad. but travelling around thanksgiving is not cheap. oh well. i'm sure i'll have an awesome time.

Rich (et al)

Just for the record, as of last week, with the exchange rate hovering around 11 pesos to the dollar, the Rivera bus was $7 from the Cancun Airport to Playa Del Carmen, 65 pesos for the return trip. (down from $8 June 2003)

The WaterJet Ferry was $11 from PDC to Cozumel, or $18 for round trip paid in advance. Prices as of July 15-22, 2004.

----------------
Decent Website about getting to Cozumel:

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/GettingHere.htm

Victor, if you have other questions about the Land~n~Sea method, you can PM me, as I just did it last week, and all the details are fresh in my mind!

Wristshot

vel525:
well, thanks for all your input guys. we found some less expensive flights into cancun and will be doing the bus and ferry. hopefully it won't be too bad. but travelling around thanksgiving is not cheap. oh well. i'm sure i'll have an awesome time.

It's all in the mindset, IMO. I went that way a few years ago, and I considered myself On Vacation from the time I checked my bags in the Austin airport. We hired a van at the CUN airport, and the driver stopped for beer. No hurry, no problema. Una mas cervesa, por favor...

Cheers,

due to extenuating circumstance this trip has been cancelled. i am disappointed after all the effort i spent in researching and planning, but i am planning on next year for sure. so i will just think of this as good information for that trip. thanks all again for all your help.

vel525:
due to extenuating circumstance this trip has been cancelled. i am disappointed after all the effort i spent in researching and planning, but i am planning on next year for sure. so i will just think of this as good information for that trip. thanks all again for all your help.

Bummer. We feel your pain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom