First time on the Spiegel Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newdiv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went down to Key Largo for a small dive trip with my sister, who had never dive in the ocean. After 2 dives her ears were done, she didn't know what happened, but canceled the rest of her dives. I was then free to do the deep dive.

I walk up to Rainbow Reef's parking lot from the Courtyard and see a familiar white van. I walked up to the gentleman and woman and asked if his name is Pete. It was the one and only @NetDoc. I introduced myself, had a few words and proceeded to check in and get on the boat and set up my gear.

Pete ended up on the same boat that was heading to the Spiegel Grove then to The Benwood.

My first time on the Spiegel was not to be disappointing. I was with a guide, Brent and he took us to Snoopy, the machine shop and out to one of the storage bays stopping at around 100ft (on ean32). Then returning back along a different path. I absolutely loved this dive even though it ended after about 35 min.

After leaving the Spiegel,en route to the Benwood, a pod of Dolphins was spotted. Capt. Owen started circling the pod in large circles and finally the Dolphins started to "surf" in the wake. Really cool.

After diving the Benwood, I had a great conversation with Netdoc and Stacy on the way back to shore and really enjoyed the dives and the day. Always nice to spend time on a boat with humble, cool and generally pleasant people.

I really enjoy diving with Rainbow Reef and with definitely head back down to Key Largo and use them again. The experienced ones on the boat said I needed more than one dive on the Spiegel and I definitely agree.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom