First time on here or any board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gpenner

New
Reaction score
I'm new here, found this site while looking for a way to dive on Grand Cayman. I found The Reef Resort on the east side and am now trying to find out how to best dive from there. We arrive there next Tuesday and leave the following Sunday. My only contact with a dive shop, so far, has been an email from the shop located in the hotel. Is there a better way to do this? Anybody been there done that?!
Thanks,
Guenther

Gunther, Welcome to ScubaBoard. You will find many answers by reading th Forums. There is a forum for the Caymans : http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=453

I have done a couple of trips where the only contact with the dive shop was email - it worked out well for me.

Good luck on your trip!

Welcome to the Board. Have fun and do check out the forum linked in Diversion's post.

Sea ya!

Welcome to the boards. :D Have fun in the Caymans.

Hey and welcome to the board. It would sure help if you filled out a little bit more on your profile so we could give you better answers to your questions.

Have fun and enjoy the board.

It's a good place to hang out, discuss, argue, etc. :D

You should find lots of info on our Caribbean forum...

:bandit_2: don

Welcome to the board. Looks like you have already received some good information. If you need any additional help, just send me a PM.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

The Reef is a very nice place to stay. The shop on site is Ocean Frontiers, but that location is more of a gift shop than dive shop. Their real shop and dock is a few miles down the road at Compass Point Condos. The only other op on that end of the island is Turtle Divers at Morritts next door, but if you're staying at the Reef it makes sense to use Ocean Frontiers, they are a good op and do pick up and return for each boat trip and take good care of your gear.

Compass Point is a nice place too but it's not a full resort like the Reef. I would stay at the Reef if doing only the morning 2 tank dives. If I were going to try and do most of the afternoon dives as well it would be more convienient to stay at CP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom