First time diving doubles and sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never noticed any difference in my SAC rate related to the tanks I dive. There's a difference between single tank and doubles, but not among the sizes of doubles, and I've dived everything from the little 72s to 130s. I think, if your trim is good in the tanks, the small difference in the width of your rig doesn't really affect much at all. On the other hand, some tanks don't trim out very well at all.

I've never noticed any difference in my SAC rate related to the tanks I dive. There's a difference between single tank and doubles, but not among the sizes of doubles, and I've dived everything from the little 72s to 130s. I think, if your trim is good in the tanks, the small difference in the width of your rig doesn't really affect much at all. On the other hand, some tanks don't trim out very well at all.

I have not actually run the numbers, but I really do believe my SAC rate got better when I started diving sidemount. I believe it is psychological. Knowing I have complete redundancy may just make me more relaxed and therefore less stressed ... maybe?

Take a sidemount course from Edd sorrenson in Mariana FL if you wanna dive sidemount. If you wanna dive side sling.... then take a padi sidemount course.
Yep, here we have another of those highly informed and obviously objective comments from a very experienced diver, whose training background gives him first hand insight into what he is talking about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom