First time at twin lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Petra

Reaction score
My wife and I are new divers (OW certified this past October). We finally had time this past Tuesday to go out to Twin Lakes. We loved it! Not too far from our home and easy entry and exit. Vis was about on par with Blue Lagoon.

We spent most of our time on one of the suspended training platforms practicing buoancy control. If we were a bit better at navigating, we would have tried finding the bus. Didn't feel like getting lost and then having a long surface swim back.:D

Loved the fish. We had one bass that kept coming over to the platform to check us out so I decided to follow him. Brought a whole new meaning to the phrase, "thermal cline" when I went under the platform.:frosty: Also had one near the dock that came and "sat" on my hand for a while.

So I guess we will probably be regulars. Hope to see some of you down there.

Mark

I first dove TL back in March of this year. Needless to say, I am glad I came back. Lots of improvements since then and from talking to the owner, there will be more to come.

I had a great time meeting some of the swampers: Dee, Mike (owner), Beast, Jeff, Cris, and Steve. If I missed someone, I apologize. Can't wait to hang with this crew again. Steve gave a great tour of the lake! Had so much fun, I am heading back out tomorrow.

Fletch =-)

Yes, TL was really nice. The water felt great and I finally had some fish come up to me and make friends.

As I choose to stay close to the kid's OW class, I still have not seen the bus. But after Max gets certified today, he and I will be back!

Debra & Gary, proud parents of Paula & Max

You could check with the Mike, the owner of twin lakes. He has a map of the lake and where the bus and boats are located. This will save you swimming time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom