First time at Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Satshark

Registered
Reaction score
Dove Lake Travis (Mansfield Dam) for the first time today. I loved it! Something to actually look at. Made 3 dives to the boats and plane. Spent some time shallower practicing my navigation skills.

Had some jet skis use the marker buoys as slalom gates. The park rangers put an end to that real quick. Anyone have an idea how much that fine will be?

It's a 2 hr drive from my house but I will be back.

Satshark:
Dove Lake Travis (Mansfield Dam) for the first time today. I loved it! Something to actually look at. Made 3 dives to the boats and plane. Spent some time shallower practicing my navigation skills.

Had some jet skis use the marker buoys as slalom gates. The park rangers put an end to that real quick. Anyone have an idea how much that fine will be?

It's a 2 hr drive from my house but I will be back.

How is the visibility in Lake Travis? Is that Lake Travis in Austin, Texas or somewhere else? Kathy

It is in Northwest Austin. Viz was 15 feet maybe a bit more. Compared the lakes in San Antonio, that is outstanding visibility.

The fine depends on what they are charged with. It gets expensive if they are charged with wreckless endangerment. Otherwise it probably won't go over a couple hundred.

TwoBit

Lake Travis is a nice place to dive, its about the only place I dove this summer except the gulf since vis was so nasty at Canyon Lake. A couple trips to Travis the vis was as good as 30ft.

BTW SATshark, if you ever need a dive partner, let me know.

Heavy D:
Lake Travis is a nice place to dive, its about the only place I dove this summer except the gulf since vis was so nasty at Canyon Lake. A couple trips to Travis the vis was as good as 30ft.

BTW SATshark, if you ever need a dive partner, let me know.

Sent you a PM Heavy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom