First Stage Swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not any more. The Zeagle 50D was made by Apeks during their weird relationship ~15 years ago, but is not part of the current lineup
True - should have said 'had' but they are still out there used and rebuild kits are easy to source and reasonably priced. Servicing was almost stupidly easy (compared to the piston one I'm into now) - a hook spanner was the only specialty tool I didn't have on hand.

Don't buy a 'swivel'... buy an elbow.
Can't comment on the 90 degree one- may be better with a long hose around the neck but with the 40" under the arm, the angle seems to be 70 (110) degrees so a fixed would likely work almost as well and eliminate the added complexity/failure point.

an't comment on the 90 degree one- may be better with a long hose around the neck but with the 40" under the arm, the angle seems to be 70 (110) degrees so a fixed would likely work almost as well and eliminate the added complexity/failure point.
They make those too. I have both and they work equally well.

best-divers-raccord-second-stage-110-degree.jpg

I have had issues with the omni swivel coming apart during a dive and leaking over time. I've never had that with the elbows. The only drawback is when you offer someone your regulator and you're holding the elbow. It's not a biggie and the donee feels no problem.

They make those too. I have both and they work equally well.

I have had issues with the omni swivel coming apart during a dive and leaking over time. I've never had that with the elbows. The only drawback is when you offer someone your regulator and you're holding the elbow. It's not a biggie and the donee feels no problem.

yep - had one let go in Coz on that Invasion. Luckily it was on the SI and didn't cut the o-ring. I'm sure it scared the crap out of those sitting near it. This was of course just after having had both sets 'serviced' by my LDS - part of the reason I'm doing my own now. *soapbox off*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom