First Stage Mirror Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol. That wouldnt even reach my mouth. I use 30-32" hose on the necklace reg. 30-32" spg. And a 7' longhose routes more like a 5' on a normal person.

OP, just get your reg converted to yoke, or buy a yoke reg. I use a Hog D1 on my single tank rig, which has a turret and 5th port.

Or simply deal with banging your head on the convertor. I did for a whole year. I tried everything to mitigate this. Running the tank spun crooked helped a bit, but then hoses angled oddly.

The deal breaker was the weirdness of din regs. They spin whenever you bump them, and dont really tighten down. And only screw in half way. Weird that picky tec divers are ok with this? Combined with the extra failure point of the convertor, and I was done.

Dedicated Yoke regs are best for Caribbean yoke land. My Din Dive Rite regs are on a baby doubles rig for local play.

I was using a softpack so the tank was pretty snug against the body. Any thoughts on how much of an offset off my back I would get with a typical backplate vs a softpack? I'm assuming the backplate channel might be good for a half or full inch. That might make just enough of a difference for me. Any thoughts?

Hey mate my head can reach my first I just don't reach it there
Just like with long legs, I don't sit in the back seat when I drive

Dive like everyone else adapt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom