First stage failure maybe...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would suspect your tank valve was only partially open and could not supply enough flow as your depth increased. (Don't ask me how I know).

Again, many thanks for all the responses, ver helpful. I will purchase my own regulator for future use and triple check the valve is fully open. I travel extensively and tend to fit in dive trips along the way as opposed to traveling specifically to dive which is why rental equipment is the option. I have come across too many instances of poorly serviced gear over the years so it is time to change the way I travel and dive. :)
Remember that the regs don't necessarily need to be new - even a well serviced set of second hand regs (that you know have been serviced and how they were used) will serve the purpose a lot better than badly serviced rental regs. This might make more sense than purchasing an expensive new set of regs for them only to get occasional use. If they are only for travel use, it might make sense to purchase "flight" regs where the regs are of a lighter weight (but still good for breathing) and lightweight Miflex (or similar lightweight) hoses

To truly evaluate a regulator, we need some detain. Make and model number, and if possible multiple photos of the regulator would be very helpful.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom