First set of regulators for a newbie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought one of the TX50s from DRIS. Nice reg at an awesome price, I may grab another. DRIS is easy to deal with, I've bought quite a bit from them over the years. I believe the special $100 off pricing expires tonight at midnight. Might be worth ordering it online and asking telling them in the comments to call you with warranty information before shipping....

Well I took the plunge and ordered a set of the apeks tx50 regs from DRIS. Everyone had great things to say and if the military has used them they must be pretty good!
My Apeks regs(several sets) have been trouble-free for many yrs. Rinse it thoroughly after diving and look after it. It will serve you well for many yrs to come.
For storage or after dive, gently rotate the adjusting screw on the 2nd stage all the way out ie. until you feel resistance.

I'll email them because I didn't see anything about warranty other than the 60 day return policy

DRIS is my local shop. Their customer service is second to none. They are very good about responding to emails in a timely manner.

comes with full warranty! parts for life as long as i service it every year.
There are enough discussions, parts for life if you have the reg service every year in an authorized dealer, on SB.
In the beginning I did have my regs serviced annually at my LDS but eventually I learnt how to do it myself. Incidentally, Apeks did not offer "parts for life" service back in late 90s.

There are enough discussions, parts for life if you have the reg service every year in an authorized dealer, on SB.
In the beginning I did have my regs serviced annually at my LDS but eventually I learnt how to do it myself. Incidentally, Apeks did not offer "parts for life" service back in late 90s.
what do you mean? Is servicing every year an overkill?

what do you mean? Is servicing every year an overkill?
No simple answer for your question. For frequent diver then probably yes and for vocational diver then probably not. But if the IP of the 1st stage lock on around 140psi and the 2nd stage breath flawlessness then why would the regs need to be serviced?
However if you feel your regs need to be serviced every year then who is going to argue with you.

Plenty of posts for you to digest on the topic. Have fun.

No simple answer for your question. For frequent diver then probably yes and for vocational diver then probably not. But if the IP of the 1st stage lock on around 140psi and the 2nd stage breath flawlessness then why would the regs need to be serviced?
However if you feel your regs need to be serviced every year then who is going to argue with you.

Plenty of posts for you to digest on the topic. Have fun.
Gotcha. I think I know what you mean

I had a 1st stage 30+ yrs without a service.. But , That is a different story..

Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom