First Scooter Dive... Success?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow,

That's a lot of scooters with many divers... So cool to see that video, looks and sounds like a squadron buzzing by... Must of really got a lot of looks from the OW divers... :)

MG

Wow,

That's a lot of scooters with many divers... So cool to see that video, looks and sounds like a squadron buzzing by... Must of really got a lot of looks from the OW divers... :)

MG

I only remember running over one diver. Was funny as we stopped and hovered as she swam under a couple of us before realizing we were there and then we were gone :D

That dive is the dive I've been wanting for a long time. One nice long dive where we got to take our time, enjoy things, and not fight the weather. It was great.

Did it live up to your expectations? :) Its one of my favorite scooter runs.

One thing that changed when me and my friends went to doubles was instead of doing 2 dives it became 1 long dive... that way we could use the time otherwise allocated for the surface interval with the gang at lunch :)

The water was flat this weekend. Me and Eric showed up at the BW ~3:00pm to marginal viz and pond-pond like water. We scooted out on the wall for the first dive, then kind of looped around the outside edge of the middle reef kelp going towards McAbee.

The second dive was like Rainbow/Hermisenda Nudibranch galore. I stopped looking there were so many.

Guy,
I've probably hit that patch before... just didn't hang around too long... was it small ish reefs no higher than 2 ft or so?

Yes. The no-metridium reef to the northeast of the others is very low, under a foot if memory serves, and the only distinctive thing about _it_ is that it isn't sand:D.

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom