First Regulator - Aqua Lung Legend LX or Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're getting hosed on the computer. LeisurePro has it for $249 - but that might be with their warranty - IDK if LP is an Aqualung Dealer. Suunto "Zoop" Air/Nitrox Wrist Computer According to LeisurePro's website, it's $300 list.

Prime Scuba has it for $300 and they are an Aqualung Dealer. Suunto Zoop Air/Nitrox Wrist Computer at PrimeScuba.com

I have a Gekko, previous version of the Zoop. I like it because it's easy to read, audible u/w and I don't need the manual to re-learn it every time I pick it up.

If you want to save on the octo also - staying with Aqualung for easy serviceability - you might look at this one as well:
http://www.primescuba.com/aqkroc.html - it's $90.

The $255 savings gets you an AL-80 - or most of the way to a new steel tank.

You might see if your store will match prices - Prime is also a regular dive shop - http://www.primescuba.com/store-detail-page.html so don't let them claim "Internet pricing".

Last edited:
Everyone has made some excellent points. With regard to the regulator alone, I think I am going to pick up the Legend LX. I know it is more than I need, but hopefully I can grow in to it. For $600, I think it is probably one of the best regs I can get.

I guess between the Titan LX and the Legend LX, the Legend LX has an inhalation adjustment features unlike the Titan LX. That is important. But between the Legend and the Titan LX I am unsure what the difference is.

I have both, well, to be honest the Legend LX belongs to my wife as she is quick to remind me. The only difference is that the Titan is easier to work on (first) and the Legend adjustment knob is a PITA when it gets sand in it and it seems my wife gets sand in it every dive causing it to seize. The Titan LX performs every bit as good as the Legend LX and the Titan is my current single hose dive regulator but then I mostly use my double hose regulators since they are better than either IMO.

N

I have both, well, to be honest the Legend LX belongs to my wife as she is quick to remind me. The only difference is that the Titan is easier to work on (first) and the Legend adjustment knob is a PITA when it gets sand in it and it seems my wife gets sand in it every dive causing it to seize. The Titan LX performs every bit as good as the Legend LX and the Titan is my current single hose dive regulator but then I mostly use my double hose regulators since they are better than either IMO.

N

Should I buy a DIN or a YOKE regulator?

Should I buy a DIN or a YOKE regulator?

I think you can get a conversion kit. For travel diving, yokes seems to be more universal. For local diving, since you are in Florida you may prefer DIN through most shops I saw down there only had yoke valve tanks for rent. I will be contrary and recommend a yoke.

My wife and I, same photo as the avatar, her with her Legend LX and me with my lowly Titan LX:

IMG_0828_edited-1.jpg

N

Yoke unless you have your own tanks and don't intend to rent tanks at all. You will likely be told DIN is better but for rec diving, the difference is mimimal at best and no where makes up for the hassel. Yoke adapters are a PITA

I just got the Atomic B2 after extensive research and asking around and can't recommend it highly enough. While I don't have as much experience with the AquaLung line I will point out a couple reasons why I would go with the Atomic.
-They require servicing only every 2 years, as opposed to every year, and the lifetime warranty isn't contingent upon proof of servicing
-The 2nd stage has all titanium internal components.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom