First Regulator - Aqua Lung Legend LX or Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yea I know he ask about Atomic but they don't have anywhere near the history that SP does

Just to be clear, though it sounds like the AL is a better pick for his intended destinations, you do know where Atomic came from, right?

Both are great choices. I am generally partial to Atomic, but I am very impressed with the quality of the new Legend. So if I where to pick again, I will have tough time too.

Now, one thing to consider is how often you do diving outside of US. In all part of the world, you will get support for AL brand, but the same can't be said about Atomic. If you are mostly a vacation diver, I will go with world wide serviable brand, so that is AL between your choice, or scubapro/subgear, apekx.

Just to be clear, though it sounds like the AL is a better pick for his intended destinations, you do know where Atomic came from, right?

Yep, you know where SP came from?? (I do).

Just to clarify the Titan LX is the same as the Legend except for the cover and case. You can look online for the parts diagrams. The Titan is a different reg all together.

Many years of experience with AquaLung products and I have to say the Titans are a very solid reg for the money. I don't have as much experience with HOG regs as they are recent on the scene but they use a proven design and are popular in the tech community so that is saying something. A good reg can be economical and a good performer. The Titans have been to 1000', how many regs can say that?

I was hoping to read a regulator thread that didn't push Hog regs when they were not listed as an option. Oh well, maybe next time. :wink:

I was hoping to read a regulator thread that didn't push Hog regs when they were not listed as an option. Oh well, maybe next time. :wink:

I didn't read it as him pushing Hogs, I read it more of an example of a low cost regulator being good. To me he was pushing the Titans.

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:08 AM ----------

He lives in South Florida so I would think most of his dives will be there with the minority in foreign countries. If his reg craps out don't they have rentals there?

might want to consider the Atomic Z2x -- it breathes the same as the B2 & comes with a swivel and cheaper --
and there are shops in the area that service the Atomic -- Gold Coast comes to mind and i believe at least 1 shop in the keys

I think I am going to go with this setup:Aqua Lung Dimension i3 BCD (dive shop sells for $595), an Aqua Lung Legend LX regulator (dive shop sells for $680), a Legend Octo (dive shop sells for $220), and a Suunto Zoop console (dive shop sells for $425). All together, I am getting everyting for $1,786 (which is a 10% discount from the usual price for this setup). What are your thoughts? Ok deal and equipment?

I think I am going to go with this setup:Aqua Lung Dimension i3 BCD (dive shop sells for $595), an Aqua Lung Legend LX regulator (dive shop sells for $680), a Legend Octo (dive shop sells for $220), and a Suunto Zoop console (dive shop sells for $425). All together, I am getting everyting for $1,786 (which is a 10% discount from the usual price for this setup). What are your thoughts? Ok deal and equipment?

A 10% discount does not seem like much. Their margin is probably around 50%.

This includes tax, but not tank. 10% discount only on the dimension and the Legend LX becuase they are price controlled.​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom