First Post - Hope it works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TropiGal

Reaction score
Islamorada, FL Life in paradise is good good goo
Hey there! Heard about the board at CSSP last Sunday. Saw the TX Swamp Divers working on the nav course but didn't know that's who they were or what they were doing until I read the posts on here. This will be an informative and fun tool to expand my diving experience. OW certified now and will be doing NAUI Advanced lecture on Monday night, Nitrox the next week or so and will complete the dives on a trip next month. Heading to Coco View Resort off Roatan the middle of July...anybody got any do's and don'ts for there?

Ok, that's it for now....let's see if I've done this right and if anybody is there this morning.

Nope nobody here - just you and me and 113 other users..

Welcome, and join the fun - even if you are from Texas... geesh every time I turn around. (just kidding you know)
:D

Thanks for the quick reply! And, if it will make you feel any better....I'm not FROM Texas....just been here for the past five years. Don't plan to stay here forever.....gotta be closer to the ocean again someday. But I'm making the best of it while I'm here and I've met some friendly divers too....as you can well imagine.

Welcome to the Texas pond! Transplants are allowed too. :wink:

Hey DG....don't turn around too fast you'll miss one of us! hee hee

Originally posted by Dee
Welcome to the Texas pond! Transplants are allowed too. :wink:

Hey DG....don't turn around too fast you'll miss one of us! hee hee

If I didn't know any better I would think you were out trolling for folks to join us here.

Hang on - that's not a bad idea :D

Welcome to the board. We have a great group of people here in Texas. Hope you can join us on one of our adventures some day.

Originally posted by TropiGal
I'm not FROM Texas....just been here for the past five years. .....gotta be closer to the ocean again someday
I thought Texas had some ocean nearby. Hmmm gotta check the ol' atlas.

Anyhoo: welcome to the board!

Originally posted by danceswithoctopus
I thought Texas had some ocean nearby. Hmmm gotta check the ol' atlas.

Anyhoo: welcome to the board!

Yes, we have some ocean sort of nearby but it's not diveable from shore, at least not the upper Gulf of Mexico. You have to go out at least 30-40 miles to get to blue water and even then the conditions can be a challenge. Not to mention changing at the drop of a hat!

When most people mention ocean diving, they think of Florida or the Caribbean....this ain't it!

Back
Top Bottom