First Post - Hope it works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Tropigal,

Nice to have you here on the boards. Next time you see us at CSSP come say Hi. I'm sure there were plenty of people who saw us working and were wondering what in blue blazes we were up to. Come dive with us anytime.

Have fun in Roatan.

Tom

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. Divers are the best! I'll probably be at CSSP two weeks from now...so maybe I'll see some of you there. Looking forward to running your nav course soon.

And yes, danceswithoctopus, there is a TX coast...but like Dee said, not diveable unless you take the all night boat to the Flower Gardens offshore.....(future dive after much more experience in calm waters)... AND the coast is a long way from us up here in North Texas...yeah....check your atlas - BIG ole state! :D So for right now, between trips to warmer waters, keeping wet at the ponds around here....not quite the Caribbean but we do have the tropical heat on the surface. Now the thermocline.....yeoooooooooww howdy! That'll frost your spurs! Roatan......here I come.

Glad to have you aboad. I hope you enjoy the board as much as we all do.

Chad

:rfish:

Thanks guys...enjoyed the latest welcome msgs. Chad, I lived in Lexington for four years 90-94....nice town. I was actually certified there, but didn't do any dives around there- went to Keys and Bahamas. Where do you dive locally? Just curious.

92630Diver....your picture brings back my memories of Kaanapali Beach Sept 2000 - my first beach dive. Will never forget the first Picasso triggerfish! Have you had a chance to dive Black Rock site on Maui? If not, put it on your list...it's behind the Sheraton - you enter from beach on deserted north side of point (beside the golf course), swim around point and exit on south side to the surprise of the hotel swimmers. A relaxing shallow, long dive - go slow (spend about an hour going around the point). Great mini-wall type dive on large coral formations. We saw morays, turtles and of course all of the beautiful tropicals. Maui Dive Shop can give you the details and the hotel allows you to exit through their property. (If you've already done this, let me know about your experience.) We hope to go back to Maui in the next year or two.

Back
Top Bottom