First pictures with new strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

armyscuba:
Being and Army Officer I am new at underwater photography. I have started this past year by moving from my disposable filled with water at 73 ft. good to 35 ft. ha..My fault..went to a ReefMaster DC310 Pro..with Strobe. When question I have is do any of You use weights on Your cameras. I know they are available. Any Pro's or Con's? My camera is Positively Bouyant. Guess I'll find it on the surface if there's a problem with a Dummy Cord..(Tether cord). What do any of You use on the O-Ring seals for camera or strobe housing?

Thanks

"Honor Bound to Defend Freedom"

CPT D

ReefMaster has weights that fit into the strobe. I made my own out of 2lb lead weights. I cut the centre section out with a chisel, drilled a hole to match the post in the strobe and did some final filing to have the weight fit in. Took less than an hour for two weights

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom