First pictures with new strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Well I got the D180 wet today. Got lucky and found a very young white tip reef shark, about 3 1/2 to 4 feet long, that was a willing model. Infact he was more willing than the arm of the strobe. I pushed the strobe into position and it just fell apart into three pieces. I took the picture holding the strobe off to the side and after I got all my shots I forced it back together. Was kinda frustraiting.
I have to work with the settings on the camera and the strobe a bit more, as you know the key to success is practice, practice, practice.... but I think a couple of the first shots are presentable.

justleesa:
Well I got the D180 wet today. Got lucky and found a very young white tip reef shark, about 3 1/2 to 4 feet long, that was a willing model. Infact he was more willing that the arm of the strobe. I pushed the strobe into position and it just fell apart into three pieces. I took the picture holding the strobe off to the side and after I got all my shots I forced it back together. Was kinda frustraiting.
I have to work with the settings on the camera and the strobe a bit more, as you know the key to success is practice, practice, practice.... but I think a couple of the first shots are presentable.

have a look some times the screwups come out great

nice work! that eel is a keeper for sure

Chris

Look like all keepers to me, Leesa!

There's always speedbumps with new toys, so don't sweat it. The learning is part of the fun.

Great shots.......the moray is excellent!!

Looks like he's about to say "eh, those young whipper snappers...always flashin' 'round with those new fangled, fancy cameras!"

either that or he's thinking "Here comes lunch!!!"

Being and Army Officer I am new at underwater photography. I have started this past year by moving from my disposable filled with water at 73 ft. good to 35 ft. ha..My fault..went to a ReefMaster DC310 Pro..with Strobe. When question I have is do any of You use weights on Your cameras. I know they are available. Any Pro's or Con's? My camera is Positively Bouyant. Guess I'll find it on the surface if there's a problem with a Dummy Cord..(Tether cord). What do any of You use on the O-Ring seals for camera or strobe housing?

Thanks

"Honor Bound to Defend Freedom"

CPT D

armyscuba:
Being and Army Officer I am new at underwater photography. I have started this past year by moving from my disposable filled with water at 73 ft. good to 35 ft. ha..My fault..went to a ReefMaster DC310 Pro..with Strobe. When question I have is do any of You use weights on Your cameras. I know they are available. Any Pro's or Con's? My camera is Positively Bouyant. Guess I'll find it on the surface if there's a problem with a Dummy Cord..(Tether cord). What do any of You use on the O-Ring seals for camera or strobe housing?

Thanks

"Honor Bound to Defend Freedom"

CPT D

Hi CPT D,

The Olympus housing was delivered with it's own weight, but using the arm and tray I took the weight off. I guess my answer would be yes and no. I have read of other people that do though, just not very sure where they put it or how they secure it.

O-ring grease - I use what was delivered with the camera and the strobe respectivly. After having an o-ring go bad and having the camera flood after using the "wrong" o-ring grease, I can say I learned my leason.

Hope to see some pictures from you soon!

Aloha,
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom