First Pics with DC1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Pictures by jviehe - Photobucket

You can see them all there. I just got this very cheap as an instructor, to have something decent and compact. So far Im real happy, although I think Ill need a strobe and some lenses for great pictures. Im still learning how to use it right, and cant figure out why I can see something perfect on the LCD, but when I take the pic it comes out like crap, especially the lighting. You would think the camera could just snap whats on the LCD. But Ill figure it out. All of the pics were taken with auto setup, undersea, diving, no flash. Then using macro mode, auto flash. Next time Ill try the manual white balance.

PICT0049.jpg

I am having the same problem with my dc1000. The picture looks perfect on the screen, but the picture ends up dark. Did you ever figure it out??

I am having the same problem with my dc1000. The picture looks perfect on the screen, but the picture ends up dark. Did you ever figure it out??
No, but you could try setting it to quick shot mode. I think it just refocuses and such when you hit the button, wheras the preview is doing something different with the ccd,

From what I've been taught about uw/phhotography is to take the speed off of Auto. Use manual ISO. 100 or 200 will usually work great during the day. If you try night photography you'll probably have to speed it up to 400/800. I know it made a world of difference with some of the photos I took.

Attachments

• PICT0030.jpg
    PICT0030.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 46
  • PICT0059.jpg
    PICT0059.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 61
Lead_carrier, do you mind if I do just a bit of post processing on that last picture?

Not a bit. Have at it. BTW, what is post processing, photoshopping?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom