First O2 Sensor failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you went to BO because of CO2 this is not a good idea ;-)
Absolutely, in OP and reasonable hypotheticals drawn from it CO2 is not at issue; BUT at end of dive (especially if shite really hit the fan...) that is definitely something to add as a potential hypothetical compounding factors (like my hypothetical dry suit flood...).
In context given bailout at that phase of dive should have a TON of OC gas available so assuming no hypothetical compounding issues likely to have a massive margin for error staying bailed out relative to prudent gas supply? (with suspected CO2 breakthrough being THE strongest "non-fixable" reason to bail out/stay bailed out that there ever could be?).

As someone said, track your sensor performance in a spreadsheet and once you see interesting mV patterns, it is time for a change. Your cells should stabilize over time.

Here is my current pattern as measured in air. There is one odd line in the center - it was a 5th sensor that I took out.

1675997716327.png

New cells were wacky at the beginning. While I let them breathe for ~2 weeks, the initial readings were off. There was an episode where, I believe, I did not dry out the unit well before measuring mVs, so you see the spike.

Overall, if your cell does not behave as it should during the dive, e.g., too slow, odd reading - change it. I swapped out one of the sensors when it was less than a month old. It was too slow to react compared to the rest.

Cheers~

It looks like this CCR diver has tried to extend the life of the O2 sensor by alternating between the other 2 sensors. Your predive checklist on the milli-volts was fudged. Hence, like so many others before you, ignored the calibration and continued the dive. What's with the blackout on the sensor? Expired date? I will be doing my crossover on the JJ real soon.

It looks like this CCR diver has tried to extend the life of the O2 sensor by alternating between the other 2 sensors. Your predive checklist on the milli-volts was fudged. Hence, like so many others before you, ignored the calibration and continued the dive. What's with the blackout on the sensor? Expired date? I will be doing my crossover on the JJ real soon.
The sensor failed because of a production error and was produced in Oktober 2022. The predive was okay because the mV was the same as on the last calibrations and it just failed during this dive. Why should I have alternated between sensors?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom