First milestone achieved this weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our small group of dive friends were all discussing the difference between PADI and NAUI and how NAUI seems to incorporate many things into one whereas PADI wants money so you can get a different card each week (including how to zip up your wetsuit boots) so in good fun my 25th dive was a: Night, Altitude (4200 ft), coldwater, drysuit, PPB, shore, wreck dive!
I think this was meant to be a dig on the fact that PADI has a lot of specialty courses. In case you wanted to get the names for the equivalent NAUI specialty courses, here is a partial list. There are many more. Be sure to click the More link to see how to find out about the dozens of NAUI specialty courses that are available to you.

I think this was meant to be a dig on the fact that PADI has a lot of specialty courses. In case you wanted to get the names for the equivalent NAUI specialty courses, here is a partial list. There are many more. Be sure to click the More link to see how to find out about the dozens of NAUI specialty courses that are available to you.

It was a dig at PADI from my NAUI friend and I've kind of passed it along. The fact was that for the master course you didn't have to get X number of specialties to qualify. The course covered alot of the various types of diving all in one. I looked through the NAUI master book last night actually and I was quizzed on alot of things and did remarkably well. I'm going to get a dual cert for my master card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom