First milestone achieved this weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS-NRG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My SCUBA diving career has not really been very long and many here have seen some of my progressions since last October when I felt I had many repetitive questions that were perhaps answered before. I feel I have come quite a long way but am always learning too. I suppose getting OW and AOW would be a milestone in itself but I feel my first real one is the fact that I am now a Rescue Diver and completed my 25th dive last night.

Our small group of dive friends were all discussing the difference between PADI and NAUI and how NAUI seems to incorporate many things into one whereas PADI wants money so you can get a different card each week (including how to zip up your wetsuit boots) so in good fun my 25th dive was a: Night, Altitude (4200 ft), coldwater, drysuit, PPB, shore, wreck dive!

The wreck we were searching for was an old 1950's Ford Meteor car that went off the old highway into the lake and we successfully found it. Certainly a dive to remember.

What was your milestone (25, 50, 100, etc) dive like?

Congratulations on the milestone.

I wish I had kept track of the milestones when I started...I often regret not keeping up on the logbook.

If you make it back to the island...give a shout.

Dive 50 - when I came back from a dive with a beautiful shell. People are probably going to curse me out for it- But it was for my wife to be.

Dive 100 - each dive around martini rock in Fujairah - UAE

Best of luck

THIS was my 50th.

Great one Lynne. Sounds like you had a good time!

Diving in my drysuit for the first time in the ocean.

Congrats! I'd say my major milestone was getting the initial open water certification itself. Once I got the cert, it opened the scuba 'floodgates' and I just kept diving and diving.

Smaller milestones include the additional courses (AOW, Rescue) and dive milestones (mainly my 100th). Didn't really do anything special for dive 100 - just a normal shore dive with some buddies. I especially enjoyed a few dives in the Caribbean and to various parts of Vancouver Island.

Maybe I'll do something special for 200. Probably not. Just diving is enough.

You found the car? Add the navigation card!

And the search and recovery!

It was like the other day when a single dive gave me 4 cert cards. I kid you not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It was like the other day when a single dive gave me 4 cert cards. I kid you not...

Cool. I'd like to hear more about what you did for that to happen!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom