First impressions of UK C8eLED (short,very short)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steve2281

Contributor
Reaction score
This is the best non-HID/non-canister light I have ever seen. This thing rocks. Dive was about 60' in a cold, dark quarry. Vis about 10. Flipped the switch and it lit up my world.
From playing with it in the house, I thought it was focused too wide. However, in the water it gave a good 2' diameter hotspot on an object about ten feet away. The light is very white and cuts through the suspended stuff pretty good. Hard to beat for $75. steve

I just got back from 3 night dives last week in the Bahamas. I bought the eLed C4 because the light output was the same and I wanted the smaller size for traveling. The eC4 did great. Very bright, white output that beat everyone else's 'C' size units. I was very happy with the beam spread and output. Glad I bought the eC4!

I also bought eLed Q40 as a backup/second light. I did not like the mask mount and mounted it to my SPG hose instead. The eQ40 worked great. I used it for daytime spotting under ledges and at night. Daytime this light may be a little weak but it worked and I didn't even notice it was hanging on my hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom