First GoPro Video - San Pedro, BZ - SRP BlurFix - Intova - CY Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. From my limited experience and my last setup, I'm going to opt not using lighting on our next trip to Roatan. At least the depths we dive it doesn't really seem necessary. As some spots in the video you can see the outline of the light as even with one wide angled torch it still creates a nice round light spot in the middle of the frame. Of course that may not bother some. Two torches may help, but for me I plan on probably getting the SRP tray for better stability and just carrying my torch in my BC. I used on Intova Flex arm with the wide angle Intova torch. Of course one fix would be to get some of the bigger flood lights, but they're heavy and expensive.

One nice thing about having the light thought, is it seems to attract fish as they're curious sometimes. The CY filter definitely made a difference though so that is a must for me. I'm thinking of getting the GoPro underwater housing with the BackScatter flip CY filter which looks pretty nice. But I may opt to get that later as having the SRP BlurFix and CY filter on (even above water) doesn't seem to bother me much. I'm either under water shooting or just not use the filter on one dive to get some above water shots on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom