First Dive of 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen worse. Just try to remember to throw (& point) the gun upstream so it's easier to grab & bag. That's why it is commonly & generally accepted practice for spearos to dive alone. It's just easier, safer, & more productive for everyone on the dive. Now if he had the Mako light kit on the muzzle it would be slightly more acceptable. I have my light on the tip and it is so easy to not hold an extra light.

LOL you saw it as well. Even when diving alone and with the gun pointing upsteam and/or away from the hole, I can't count the number of times i have had a lobster leave the hole and I frantically chase it around in circles and .. all to often finally catch the bug and look up toward a loaded gun.

If the gun is laying on the bottom and the safety is off, simply bumping the gun could cause the trigger to be depressed (by something sticking up from the bottom) and the gun could fire. I TRY to remember to point the gun away from the hole and if possible leave it with the tip under or pointing toward a rock or under a tiny ledge or some buffer.

That light system works well for hunting fish, but I would use a separate (independent) light for lobster hunting.

I didn't know remoras got that big! I thought they were smaller, like this one.

remora.jpg

:rofl3:

One of the other divers on a ledge dive shot a big cobia and the lonely large remora then hassled every one of us divers during their safety stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom