First dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehh not really of my interest i have a log book and i like writing it in there i kno its an extra step, but i like it. so i think my gear is going to be 100% balance titan lx gekko 2 gauge and standard octo 1300 and a free advanced certification

I'm going to be diving in Florida all local and just a recreational diver and I'm planning to get advanced certified soon hat dive computer do u recommend for the first one ?

I'm on a budget of 500 try nothing over but if I should wait longer tell me should I get a gadge and rebuy later?

There are a lot of excellent recreational dive computers on the market in your price range.

What you want to consider is ...

- display size ... you need to be able to read it easily underwater
- nitrox compatible ... you may not need it now, but nitrox computers don't cost much more than air computers and if you think you might go that route eventually it'll be something you don't have to upgrade later
- PC downloadable ... for lots of folks, this is important. For others, not so much.
- user replaceable battery ... you definitely want a computer that lets you replace your own battery

Everything else is going to be pretty much diver preference.

I recently did a bit of research for some friends of mine who were looking for a new dive computer. They are strictly recreational, warm-water divers ... and one of the better deals I found out there was the Hollis DG 02.

There are plenty of similarly priced models available on the market ... shop around and compare features and prices. For $500, you should be able to get computers for both of you that you'll be quite happy with.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

ehh not really of my interest i have a log book and i like writing it in there i kno its an extra step, but i like it. so i think my gear is going to be 100% balance titan lx gekko 2 gauge and standard octo 1300 and a free advanced certification

Sounds like a great setup. It will fit your needs for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom