First dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want a deal on a console go with a used Oceanic Pro Plus II at Leisure Pro:

Oceanic Pro Plus 2, Air/Nitrox, Air Integrated Computer, with Compass & Quick Disconnect

Shop through Bing and you get 10% cash back. About the best deal going IMO.

For a wrist computer, I like the Mares Puck for simplicity and can often be found around $200. Oceanic Veo has a long history and the 3 is a good solid choice. Zeagle N2ition 3 is also a feature filled computer. The original N2ition wasn't anything special and a rehash of another brand but this version is a definite improvement.

I love the look of the Aladins but they don't have user replaceable batteries so I avoided them, but they are a good computer otherwise.

As for wrist mount versus console. If you will only dive your regulator, a console is a great choice but if you travel or sometimes rent a regulator get a wrist computer. Wrist computers are far more flexible in that regard.

With 0-24 dives, why are people telling him to buy an SPG or console - does he have his own regs? And why does he need a 'less conservative' computer? I still use a Suunto Vyper for rec dives, it's fine, same algorythym as the Gekko

I'm guessing when he said gauge he meant depth gauge

OP feel free to chime in here

Vyper 2 and glass and brass spg will provide you with all your diving needs, including a digital compass. :D

Consider Suunto's recently introduced Zoop, which is essentially an upgrade of the Gekko. It adds downloading of dives to your computer. And a sporty yellow frame.

Attachments

• zoop.jpg
    zoop.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 35
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom