First day in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterskier1.........looks like we will just miss you. You staying GRI again?

Not this time, I'll be with the group I was with the first week last Oct. This group is too big for GRI, otherwise I'd be there. I will be stopping there to see Liz though. When are you in Bonaire?

Argh! I am so jealous! Was at SD in December and can't get back soon enough. It's amazing how what people see at the dive sites changes from one time to another. Other than the Tarpon during night dives, we didn't see any large animals on Bari. But I've heard several people say they've seen Eagle Rays, Turtles, etc. since our trip. That's what makes Bonaire so great. Never the same thing twice.

Also, if you go to Bonaire Talk - The place to discuss everything and anything about Bonaire! there is someone posting that a slow moving pod of 30 - 50 dolphins has been traversing the reef every morning quite regularly. Up north somewhere if I'm not mistaken. I'd definitely see if you could find them. Awesome experience. They have some curious babies with them.

Saw the dolphins

I think there were probably closer to 100 of them in that pod! We saw them last week after diving at La Dania's Leap. They were all around our boat, playing in the wake and swimming right under the bow! Lutty, our DM from Capt Don's jumped in with my camera to catch this shot:

View attachment 72883

Hope that worked! I'll post a trip report soon. We LOVED Bonaire!

Attachments

• Dolphins for posting.jpg
    Dolphins for posting.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 79
Quick update, I will post a full trip report when I get home. Last night we did the UV night dive with Bas. It is a totally awsome dive. It's a can't miss. We have not had a bad dive, meal or experience. So far my favorite dive is Cai. But it's so hard to choose! Off to Lake this morning and we will take it from there.

Maine Diver - glad to hear your trip is working out! I'm on the 9 day countdown clock but oh so much to before then... Get a complete trip report posted when you get back!

Just did 5 days at Sand Dollar. Now in Aruba. Can't compare the two. Best dive was a slow drift from LaDania's Leap to Karpata. Also saw the dolphins right at Bari. Vis here not so good and very crowded on the Antilla!!!! But, better than back in Jersey:wink:

Back
Top Bottom