First day in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maine Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We made it. Checked into Sand Dollar with no problems. We are in F12. Condo is great. We did 2 dives on Bari Reef today. Saw tarpon, ocotpus, squid, scorpionfish and the usual assortment. My computer is reading 80 degrees. Will port more tomorrow but I am very tired, but HAPPY:D

Yahoo!! So glad to hear that you made it safe and sound! When you dive Bari, don't forget to head to the left, parallel to the shore to the wall. There's some great rubble to check out along the way, and the wall going that direction is a bit different than toward Buddy.

Can't wait to hear more later. Have fun!! :D :D

Glad to hear you made it.

Post less dive more - there will be cold days in Maine for posting a trip report (oops! you didn't want to hear about that) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you made it.

Post less dive more - there will be cold days in Maine...

Maine or Mass?
MaineDiver's info says Central MA, not Central ME.
Doesn't much matter, I need to book my next dive trip soon...:blinking:

From one mass diver to another ---> glad you made it. Please send a thorough trip report. We have less than 30 days and counting :wink:
until our trip to Bonaire

Maine Diver,

Glad to hear you like the condo. I booked flights to Bonnaire today for our family of 4 & am leaning toward Sand Dollar 2 BR unit. Hope you have a great trip.

Steve

Sunday update: Thw winds are very light here so far. We did Angel City, Tori's Reef and Bari yesterday. We met :Charlie" the tarpon on our night dive. Right at the ladder at BDA on our night dive, we saw2 spotted moreys in the same crack. They seem to be quite chummy:). Today we are taking the 1/2 day photo course with Tim and the we are going to head a little north for a few dives. Any suggestions? I have pictures but I don't know how to put the her so if anyone can PM me with instructions, I will post.

How to post photos
Posting photos in threads

Use the thumbnail attachment method if you don't want to upload them first. Might be faster. As I recall the connection speed there wasn't all that great.

Sunday update: Thw winds are very light here so far. We did Angel City, Tori's Reef and Bari yesterday. We met :Charlie" the tarpon on our night dive. Right at the ladder at BDA on our night dive, we saw2 spotted moreys in the same crack. They seem to be quite chummy:). Today we are taking the 1/2 day photo course with Tim and the we are going to head a little north for a few dives. Any suggestions? I have pictures but I don't know how to put the her so if anyone can PM me with instructions, I will post.

A couple dive sites "up north" that I really like are Oil Slick Leap, then Ol' Blue (which is also referred to as Toto (?)) and then Karpata. I consider all three "can't miss" dives.

I'm leaving this Friday for Bonaire, through (as it stands right now) Newark. I'm watching the weather, and Continental's website for possible re-booking through Houston. I prefer the Houston trip (departing Denver) but it was over $150 more than the Newark route when I made reservations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom