First Coco view trip (2 questions)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
Getting ready for my first trip to cocoview sep3-10. I have everything ready but was wondering if I should pack an alarm clock. Do they have them in the rooms? Also, I like strong, good coffee. I know that intuitively, one would think that there would be excellent coffee there(being in central america) but is this the case? Should I bring my private stock with me and make my own? Everything else I have covered I think: Deet, snacks, etc. Thanks.

nikyyo:
Getting ready for my first trip to cocoview sep3-10. I have everything ready but was wondering if I should pack an alarm clock. Do they have them in the rooms? Also, I like strong, good coffee. I know that intuitively, one would think that there would be excellent coffee there(being in central america) but is this the case? Should I bring my private stock with me and make my own? Everything else I have covered I think: Deet, snacks, etc. Thanks.

Bring a wind up or battery powered alarm clock. The electricity on Roatan is not exactly reliable all the time. Good coffee? Bring your own, along with a coffee maker.

The chat on CoCoViewResort.com is actually a message board. All of these questions and many more have been discussed there many times. You can get all the help you need, and maybe some you didn't even ask for there.

Later, Hawk. (RobT)

Yeah, that's at http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv

We always take an alarm clock... everywhere.

We picked it out- special. It takes AA bateries and can be very easily and quickly reset to take care of those after lunch nap times. Nothing worse than an alarm clock that takes 2 minutes to re-set!

The last batch of loaners that I last brought down (a special order!) I bought for $1 each at MallWart. You do the math.

I think CCV coffee was pretty :11ztongue good. Over the years, all of our namby-pamby (aging) :babycrawl divers have joined us at our favorite resort and to tell you the truth- I have no idea what all the complaining was about.

:soapbox:

So what? You drink this strong boiled coffee for a week. Had some fight to it, it did. Put some more milk in it. I liked the stuff. Now it is so watered down- I guess that's why everyone demanded coffee makers in the rooms. Darned well wrecked the joint.

Next thing you know, they'll have electricity :crafty: in the rooms.

:joke::Customer: This coffee tastes like dirt!-- Groucho:Hmmm, it was "ground" this morning?!?

Sooner you get to the CCV Message board, the happier you'll be.

nikyyo:
Thanks for the responses: Alarm clock and coffee are packed!!

I just wanted to add that as of today, the rooms have alarm clocks and coffee makers in them. The ones on the water any way. Refrigerators in each room are promised soon!

That's good news! I'll let all the coffee fanatics on CCChat know they don't have to pack them.....thanks!

I say don't take a clock, you're on vacation. Believe me you will wake up. I'm a caffein addict. The coffee is fine. If not, talk to Ollie over the kitchen. The staff at CCV is very accommodating.

nikyyo:

Back
Top Bottom