First BCD Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever you get, try it on with a tank before you pull the trigger. I own a BC that I bought based on how it felt without a tank, and then discovered it wasn't a good fit once the tank was in place. :(

Go to your local dive shops and try as many BCD's as you can, inflate them orally and get a feel for the BC. You will find one that fits you best.

BTW, speaking of Zeagle, I recently bought their new Covert XT. I haven't even got it wet yet, but plan to use it mostly for travel. I like the basicness to it and the price was really good. I normally use a weight belt.

Now that I have a weight belt and can distribute weight between the bcd, tank straps, and belt, I like the belt. I hated heavy belts with all weight in them.

If you want cheap, then the BP/W is definitely the way to go.
Any recommendation for “ultimately cheap” BPW? I completely agree that BPW is theoretically the best option for budgeting - very rugged design virtually indestructable and modular design allow easier maintenance and field repairs. However the cheapest steel BPW I can find on market is still like £350+ and most brands are higher not to mention Halcyon. Whereas Decathlon nowadays sell back inflate BCD at ridiculously low £210 that comes with three shoulder D rings.

Back
Top Bottom