First Atlantic dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stinggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, I just did my first dive in the Atlantic (Key Largo). It was so great. I manage to figure how much weight I would need on my own (of course after taking boyouncy control course). I did use a guide being my first dive. It was one guide with 5 divers. Basically he would just make sure to point out things for us.
I saw my first nurse shark, a couple of lobsters and all kinds of pretty fish that I don't recall names now. I saw a gigantic brain coral that we were later told should be about 2 thousnd years old. I also got stung by a fire coral. It was just a great dive. I can't wait to get out again. It also gave me a boost in my confidence.:D:D:D:D

Awesome, congrats!

Good for you. The more you dive the better you will be and the diving over there really makes you want to dive a lot.

Come on up and check out some our wrecks in NC.

Congrats! I just did my first Atlantic dive about a month ago, a drift dive in Pompano Beach. Vis was better than the Gulf, but my buddies said it was worse than normal. It was also a little dark as a thunderstorm passed over us while we were down. The strobe effect from the lightning did help light things up a little :)

John

Come on up and check out some our wrecks in NC.

Sounds like fun. Will do that once I've done my wreck diving course. This Wednesday the 17th I finish my tests for my aow. Then I want to do wreck diving.

Way to go Rachel :thumbs-up

Thanks Tracy. Next month when I come back from vacation on the 11th I should be able to go do some dives with you on your trips. I can't wait.

Good for you. The more you dive the better you will be and the diving over there really makes you want to dive a lot.

It was so much fun that getting stung was exciting too. I have a few scratches and bruises but they're just battle wounds that I were proudly. I love it diving!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom