First Aid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ever since my tours in Iraq I always carry a first aid kit in my car with all the needed supplies. At a minimum I try to have a tourniquet readily available because that little device is my go to item in almost all serious injury situations. Having had my life saved by one I actually carry one on my BC.

Last edited:
I do not carry that one but YES I do carry a FrstAid kit everywhere my dive bag is along with a CPR mask.

Always... This is what I carry in my truck. And yes I know how to use everything in it...

80-0039_a.jpg

Squad Kit (CCRK)

Pretty much.

But then again, I was a Boy Scout and, later, a Scoutmaster.

Always... This is what I carry in my truck. And yes I know how to use everything in it...

80-0039_a.jpg

Squad Kit (CCRK)

This is the same one I use only the military issue. It has everything you could ever need for a "first responder" situation. Add in one or two of these
CAT%20Torn.jpg

I carry a pocket mask, face shield, nitrile gloves (that fit), and knife in my car when diving, nothing more. Where I dive we usually wear dry suits or 7mm neoprene, so the chances life threatening bleeding is slim in my mind.
If it were to ever arise in the parking lot I would gladly give up my jacket and shirt to perform First Aid until the paramedics came.

I guess somewhere down the road I'll start saving the money and look into buying a good first aid kit that doesn't consist of a single gauze wrap, neosporin, and bandaids. (this is why I don't bother bringing it on dives :shakehead:)
Darn college budgets =\

Last edited:
This is the same one I use only the military issue. It has everything you could ever need for a "first responder" situation. Add in one or two of these
CAT%20Torn.jpg

It comes with 2 tourniquets but I have extras stashed in strategic locations. The only piece I wish it came with is a Cric kit.
10-0028_a.jpg

But it's easy enough to come up with a field expedient solution.

It comes with 2 tourniquets but I have extras stashed in strategic locations. The only piece I wish it came with is a Cric kit.
10-0028_a.jpg

But it's easy enough to come up with a field expedient solution.

I'm not familiar with the Cric Kit. What's it for?

Back
Top Bottom