First aid kit of dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey:
But you'll find that vinegar neutralizes the nematocysts left by things like fire coral.

And Jellyfish!

Urine works well too, in the NW most people got stung on the face due to exposure protection and surprisingly most preferred the vinegar method.

cornfed:
I've always assumed noninvasive (ie BLS) skills where OK but I've never gotten confirmation on this. I also imagine there is some debate on whether shoving a straw down someone's nose is invasive or or not. :D

ps I'll answer to cornfed, but "C. F." is short for Cluster *&$!... :wink:

...didn't he have a "last stand" somewhere?

LOL Mr. Fed! I get some interesting interpretations of "DSD" every now and then!

Regards,
DSD

I've always assumed noninvasive (ie BLS) skills where OK but I've never gotten confirmation on this. I also imagine there is some debate on whether shoving a straw down someone's nose is invasive or or not. :D

ps I'll answer to cornfed, but "C. F." is short for Cluster *&$!... :wink:

Uh, if I am not breathing, you can feel free to shove that ET tube into my throat. Rather have that than vomitus coming down my trachea.

We dive a lot in the boonies, and I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not - but if anyone in your party is qualified or willing, one nice little thing to add into your First Aid kit is them little ready-to-go suture kits. It's little beyond basics but can be handy when you rip a gush in flesh and and steri-strips don't seem to cut it.

We also try to double up on the space blankets since we dive in sticks. Someone told me to get non-latex gloves too, in case I ever had to help a messy victim with latex allergy but I have been too lazy to go that specialized yet because no one in my party has that allergy. I guess it's a good point though.

Back
Top Bottom