Firefox not working?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcontrera

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been using Firefox to browse for a while now and just today I found that I couldn't answer a PM and couldn't post to the forum. I had to dig out my old IE. Is there something that has switched over the last few days?

I am having no problem with Firefox, use it all the time. I just sent a test PM to you and to myself; it sent okay and I opened it ok. It does not seem to be a FF problem.

Our esteemed computer folks have been working on several upgrades for the last couple of days; indeed we just had a brief outage. I suspect that your problems may have more to do with that and the fact that IE worked was just lucky timing? But do post again with more info if you have more problems.

BTW, I do keep FF, IE and even AOL :11: browsers open. I use different ones for different reasons, altho FF is by far superior. Still it is nice to have the alternates handy if needed. Yes I also dive with a pony, spare mask, etc. :lol2:

Some pages may appear to be different when viewed in FF or IE.

But everything should work.

I posted above on FF, now on IE7 - I don't notice any difference other than the speed.

OK ... I have tried several skins but no luck ... any ideas what is wrong with my system? It seems to work great on all the other boards.

OK ... I have tried several skins but no luck ... any ideas what is wrong with my system? It seems to work great on all the other boards.
I got your blank reply to my test message. Did you open/reply that on IE or FF?

Have you tried logging out and back in?

Beyond that, if it works ok on other V-boards but not here - I'm shutting up; up to the SB experts - but here are 3 others on FF with no problems...? :confused:

I use firefox. the only thing not working -and it hasn't worked in quite a while- is clicking on the down arrow that is supposed to take me to the 1st unread post in a thread. This *used* to work with FF, but some weeks, maybe a few months ago, not sure exactly when, it stopped working & still doesn't as of right now.

I use firefox. the only thing not working -and it hasn't worked in quite a while- is clicking on the down arrow that is supposed to take me to the 1st unread post in a thread. This *used* to work with FF, but some weeks, maybe a few months ago, not sure exactly when, it stopped working & still doesn't as of right now.
That's not a FF problem. It happens on IE here, too - but does not happen on other V-boards. I was told they'll get to it: "This is not other V-boards." It's been a problem for months, but I'm confident they will when they can.

My blank reply was with FF. However, I now have the Gators skin and it works! Probably no connection but suspicious!!:D

Back
Top Bottom