Fireboat - Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing like reviving an old thread right? So I'm dreaming about diving the Fireboat in early May. Is it still bouyed? How accurate are the coordinates on the msra website? I cant wait for another season of diving west michigan!

It will not have a buoy in May.

Sorry, don't really know the details on that. I went with my dive shop which did the charter. Yeah, i'm itching to go diving as well. Maybe its this better weather thats getting me excited.

Will it be bouyed later in the year? We try not to do anything without a bouy when its cold. Ever since we couldnt find the elusive Verano two summers ago. Did anyone do the Verano last year? or over the winter? Someday, I will find it and there will be much rejoicing as if I was first to discover it. However, a little help wouldnt be a bad thing...

The Fireboat will be buoyed this year again, and the coordinates on MSRA are accurate. Enjoy the dive when you get out!....planning my own boat hitting the water in 3 weeks, it will most likely be one of the early stops.

Has anyone been to the fireboat yet? skykid, did you get your boat in the water? We are planning on may 1 i think.

I haven't gotten my boat in the water yet...shooting for the first weekend in May, but it will probably be the second weekend at this point...work keeps getting in the way...will keep you posted..first stops with the boat are planned to be the North Shore and the Fire Boat....

So we didnt get out earlier in the year. we hope to get out memorial day weekend. Is it bouyed yet? Also is the fireboat better accessed from south haven or saugatuck? If its a toss up we might go out of south haven so we can hit the rockaway on the way back. or if we are daring we may try to locate the elusive (for us at least) verano.

one of the local shops that runs to it is Advance Scuba in Holland. Call Tim Marr at 616-392-4433.

www.advancescuba.com

The fun of it is the do it yourself. That AND its way cheaper. we can typically do the rockaway or the verano for about thrity dollars in gas. I cant find a charter for that price anywhere. I guess if you are guaranteed to find the wreck that is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom