Fire Coral in the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm kinda immune to fire coral. It just doesn't sting me anymore. When I'm shooting pic's I lay in it. I can grab it with no sting. The only place it bothers me is on my soft skin like under my arms.

cudachaser:
I'm kinda immune to fire coral. It just doesn't sting me anymore. When I'm shooting pic's I lay in it. I can grab it with no sting. The only place it bothers me is on my soft skin like under my arms.

All I gotta say is "What a man!" That crap chewed me up and spat me out in Cayman,, all in less than a second I guess.

HappyFunBoater:
I don't think so. If there is, there certainly isn't much of it. Personally, I try to avoid touching anything.

OK, I have to come clean. Up until last week I had never been stung by ANYTHING in the Keys. So of course I then proceeded to touch something (I never figured out what it was) on a different part of my body almost every day I dove. Every little spot hurt like hell for a week - plenty of little bumps that itched furiously 24 hours a day.

Apparently the SCUBA Gods looked poorly on my bouyancy arrogance. Dang.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, I try to avoid touching anything too. Not like I grabbed ahold of it or anything. But in my zeal to take a picture, I make barely touch something sometimes... That's all it took.

Sorry you discovered that as well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom