• Normal Fins?

Votes: 63 46.3%
  • Split Fins?

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Other?

Votes: 15 11.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
What fins are the absolute best:confused: If you voted other tell me which kind you think are the best?:question:

oh boy...let the carnage begin.

This is a touchy subject on this board. Everyone has real strong opinions about what to use.

Here's my advice...try both. Use what YOU like. You can read all the hype about split fins...none of it matters.

I use Twin Jets...I have a bad knee and it helps lessen the resistance on my knee. Regular fins are painful for me. Without the bad knee, I'd probably go with regular $70 jet fins. They work just fine.

Not saying they are the best, just saying that I use the split twin jets.
Best is what you like and works for you. *nods at AaronBBrown*

I'm currently diving with Mares Pana Avanti Quattros, and find they work well for me. However on a recent dive trip I got to use a pair of Atomic split fins.

All I can say is wow. They were wonderful - I found I was zipping all over the place with less effort than normal. However the dive was in an aquarium with no current and perfect conditions, so I'm not sure how performance would be in real life diving with a current.

I'm looking to borrow a pair to find out.

Marc

Hey,

S/Pro JetFins with spring straps are very hard to beat. They are certainly the best I've tried for frog kicking. Until I got mine a few of months ago I was using excellarating force fins. The jets are a far superior tool (IMO). Split fins are meant to be useless for frogkicking - or so I've heard.

:eek:

Mark

I have the Mares Quattros and I replaced the strap/buckle system with homemade spring straps. They're decent fins, they do the job for me. I do a lot of frog kick so that's why I don't use splits.:)

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Not everyone uses a frog kick :)
Exactly...those people that don't might like splits then.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom