Fins to fit my Bares drysuit boots!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bign90

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for a fin with a pocket large enough to fit my Bares drysuit boots (size 13). These things are really wide. My Apollo Bio's and Blades will not fit without crushing my foot inside the boot..

Any ideas

Mark

HI,

Tried the Rocket fins but the pockets are not big enough.. Only the 1st 3rd of the boot will go in..

Mark

bign90:
Hi All,

I am looking for a fin with a pocket large enough to fit my Bares drysuit boots (size 13). These things are really wide. My Apollo Bio's and Blades will not fit without crushing my foot inside the boot..

Any ideas

Mark

Mark,

I have a Bare drysuit with the huge factory installed boots as well. XL Jet fins are not big enough and the XXL is a little too big but will work (I've been told they were designed to go over combat boots). Turtles fit great.

I own both the XXL jet fins and the Turtles. I haven't used the Jets since I bought the Turtles, but I still like the Jets too much too sell them.

Your profile doesn't list your location. If you happen to be anywhere near Cleveland or dive at White Star quarry, I'd be happy to let you give either set of fins a test dive some time.

Mike

glbirch:
I have a Bare drysuit as well, with 3XL boots, and I've always like my Mares Plana Avanti Quattro's: http://www.mares.com/catalogo/scheda.asp?idPagina=32&lingua=eng (not sure if the link will work with all the Flash, but they're on the Mares site).

glbirch,

Which size Quattro are you using? I have a pair of XLs and I really have to struggle to get them on and off the Bare monster boot. They feel ok when they are on, but the effort to get them on and off is to high for me.

ClevelandDiver:
glbirch,

Which size Quattro are you using? I have a pair of XLs and I really have to struggle to get them on and off the Bare monster boot. They feel ok when they are on, but the effort to get them on and off is to high for me.

I have the X-L's as well. They are a snug fit, but I don't mind that as I like the fins and I know they aren't going anywhere on my during a dive. Tried the Jet Fins, but the pocket just wasn't big enough (that was before they came out with the XXL, which I haven't tried).

You might take a look at this thread on drysuit boots: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=26509

Also, I can't remember if the drain vents in the toe of the foot pockets are open by default, but if they are sealed then punch them out so you don't get a vacuum forming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom