FINS: ScubaPro Jet, XS Scuba Turtle, Apeks RK3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do own these! It's not my favorite (Dive rite for me) but it's quite good!
If you like branding for some bucks extra you can have these on other flavors (Poseidon, HOG, UTD...)

I don't know if the ones in the picture are neutral or negative. Mine are negative and, in drysuit, are the easiest to back-kick of all my others: Jets, Power Fins, Hollis F1, Mares. Actually, the F1s are really easy to back-kick, but really long.

Matthew,

Are you going to end up with a drysuit for cave diving? I can wear large Jets with my wetsuit but I needed to get XL OMS Slipstreams for my drysuit. If you want stiff but on the lighter side you might look at the Slipstreams. I can't really flutter kick with mine they're so stiff though - but I'm not a very big guy.

boat

Best fins I've ever bought for the cost of springs straps.

View attachment 612283
Save
Scuba Diving Free Dive Spearfishing Black Rubber Fins w/ SS Spring Heel Straps
SKU:
SC901/PRT
* Size:
  • Large
  • Medium
  • X-Large
* Color:
  • Black
$58.98
Quantity:
Product Description
View attachment 612286

Those look just like my UTD Precision fins. They are the same size and shape as Jetfins, but have a deeper, more comfortable foot pocket. The Negative fins are the same weight as Jetfins. I have the Neutral/Positive fins, which are half the weight of Jetfins and neutral in fresh water and positive in salt water.

After wearing many types of fins including Jetfins which gave me shin pain and leg cramps, my search was over 6 years ago. Love them!

Same mold /no logo...... from the same Taiwan OEM.
Exactly! Same as UDT (negative), HOG, Poseidon, Scubapro japan, etc.

According to scuba-choice, the ones they're selling now are neutrally buoyant. Maybe they're not counting the spring strap. Mine sink in fresh water.

Just wanted to know how negative/positive those were (i.e. if wetsuit suitable)

Worst case will get it off amazon and do a return

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom