Fins.. Pls Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justine

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am a newbie to diving and have been looking around for fins sometime now. I've got a small feet and it's actually quite narrow.

I've tried the Technisub Stratos - S (borrowed from a friend) and found that my ankles are quite sore after 2 dives, but I do get a good propulsion. There is also the Blades II, but it doesnt fit properly.

I am thinking to get the Cressi - Spacefrog, any ideas / recommendations?

Thanx!

I agree with Walter
But if you can't find Jetfins you might try IDI's "Power Fins" they are very similar.
If you decied to go Cressi then get the basic Frog fin.

Thanx for the insights..

I will be going diving in a week and the dive operator over there which I have met during my last dive, said that I could try out some of their fins before I actually purchase!! Which is really good news for me, coz I cant afford to bomb a couple of hundreds on fins every now and then.

A couple of hundred (if we're talking US dollars) is too much to drop on fins.

On my cert dives I used a pair of fins that I had purchased for my classes and hated them. I didn't feel like they were moving me through the water well and I was cramping up pretty badly. I went out and bought a pair of Cressi Spacefrogs. I love them. All the problems I perceived on my OW dives disappeared and I think it was the smartest move I've made as far as gear is concerned.

JMHO

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom