Fins for the disabled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

staeven

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am a diver looking for some guidance about the best fins to suit my situation.
The situation;
Apart from having very weak legs and a loose knee, both my ankles are fused.

1 at a 90 degree angle (standing upright angle)
The other is a false leg for diving and I orient the ankle into a fixed finning position inline with the leg.

I am in the market for a pair of fins for diving that are light (for travel) and provide a reasonable amount of propulsion for as little effort as possible. :)

I have a single Oceanic V12 which works OK but is way too heavy and I have only one.
(I've only just started diving with a false leg)

I found the Delpins in this forum and am in contact with John. As they require loose ankles, John has kindly offered to attempt to mimic my situation and test them out.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
contact Bob Evans at ForceFin at 1-800-FIN-SWIM. he specifically makes fins that are designed for people like you. If the ones that he makes don't fit you needs exactly he will make you one that does. He calls them Jiggly Wigglies, they have been tested and highly recommended by IAHD.

If you want specs, they are very small and easy to pack, weight <3# per pair and can provide more thrust than you will ever need. We know guys that are actually paralyzed that can use them by undulating their torso and allowing the snap of the blades to propel them.

Thanks for that.
I failed to mention I am in Australia, so calling wasn't an option for me.
I have found them online and they look good and the gf wants a hot pink pair......

if calling isn't going to work for you, the best thing to do is email Blair Mott. You can PM him on here, his screen name is his name, or you can post over on the ForceFin thread and post your specifics over there to get their attention. Bob's email box is heavily cluttered and I would hate to see your email go unnoticed, so Blair is a better option. I hope they can meet your needs.

Force Fin Pros too stiff.
I don't have enough leg strength.
I tried a single original barefoot and that was excellent.
I should have ordered originals, stupid really......
Now I'm desperately trying to get a set of originals before I go on holiday at the end of next week....
I've PM'd Blair & Bob, so I hope they can help.

I am glad to hear you found the Originals work well for you. The guys at the shop should be willing to swap your pros out for the Orignals, just need to pay the shipping to and fro. I hope the timing works out for you. Enjoy your trip.

Just back from Vanuatu.
I was able to get a set of Force Fin originals from Leisure Pro arriving the day before we flew out.
I love them, they were perfect.
I've left a very positive review and a couple of images on the Leisure Pro web site..
Thanks to Blair and Meesier42.
Staeven

I'm glad to hear that you found fins that work well for you, welcome to the light and enjoy the freedom from the surface world

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom