fins for small feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newbidown

Registered
Reaction score
Both my wife and a friend of ours wear a womans size 5 shoe which translates to a size 4 boot. The problem is that the extra small Cressi frog fins my wife has are not tight enough even when the strap is to its limit and she has had a fin fall off. I spoke with two dive shops and they both feel the frog has one of the smallest foot pockets on the market (they both handle Cressi as well as some other brands) I did a search on here for previous posts and the ones I found are a number of years old. With the changes in products on the market can anyone suggest a good fin for their small feet.
DAve

not directly related, but are they wearing soft booties? maybe they can try it with a a pair of hard-soled booties? i was going to reply with cressi frogs, until i read your entire post. also, i thought i read somewhere some children using medium size jet fins. anywone know if a company makes children specific brands?

I have friends who wear size 4 boots with the Medium Jetfins (Not TwinJets) and as mentioned above, try another boot that has a thick sole as they tend to be much larger.

Aloha, Tim

My wifes shoe size is 5 - 4 in a mens size. She uses the small Atomic open heal fins. She uses thin soled booties and thick soled boots with the Atomic's. Both types of boots work fine for her and neither give her a problem getting them off while in the water.

For me, a size 10, the thin soled booties work perfectly and there's no movement inside the foot pocket; however, thick soled boots go into the fin easy enough but it's difficult to get the fin off in the water. May just be the type boot I have - they are by Scubapro and they have rubber on the top of the foot.

All Atomic's are the modern and advanced split fin technology. So are the Bio fins someone else mentioned or the new Scubapro Twin Jet Max.

EDIT: Maybe I'll just mention that I just bought the 2nd edition of Dive Portal by John Chatterton and Richie Kohler. In the DVD they are diving to depths of 400 feet and cave diving. They were mostly using a flutter kick but in some of the cave sceens Richie was frog kicking with his Scubapro Twin Jets and motoring alone just fine.

Sorry for the delay, just got back from diving in Bayahibe DR. Thank you all for the advice, I will look into what dealer near here handles these different models of fins and have my wife and our friend try them on before buying. She does use a hard sole boot but a different brand with a larger sole may be another good option. Thanks again.

DAve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom