Fins for Big Feet -- Size 15? Help Needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gigantor

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the board, joined because I am looking for some help and guidance. I'm planning on getting into diving more seriously, but am first looking for some decent fins for a snorkelling trip, that I can hopefully also use for diving.

My dilemna is that I have big feet -- size 15, and am looking for a good entry level fin that won't be too tight. Does such a fin exist? I checked with a local dive shop, but they were unsure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

welcome to the board giganator!

I switched to Jet fins while still only snorkeling, they are heavy and bulky, but I loved them and now that I'm diving with scuba they are really perfect. While snorkeling they made it easier to get down quicker - due partly to weight and partly to stiff blades. The XXL ScubaPro Jet fin will probably fit feet up to size 16 (maybe even 17) and IDI Turtle fins are still nice and roomy at size 15. You can check out the comparison I've done on them all at http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scubaboard/fincomparison.html

I'm sure others will give good advice for other styles of fins, but I love my Jets and have not touched any of my other fins since I got them (no more foot cramps!!!!)

Aloha, Tim

Keep it simple... I have size 14 and wear USD Blades over Harvey's 5-MM Dri-Flex Seal Boots.

Look at the Blades II version.

What do you need fins for? Just tape your toes together.. LOL (-:

size 14W here but any XL or 2XL open heels seem to work. I have Volos and Quattros and they fit fine. If you're like me, the problem isn't finding fins but fin boots that feel right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom